Ideas are what drives new discussions and developments. The initial ideas presented are just starting points. If you have an idea for how technology can be utilized to improve the sport, whether scheduling, communicating, coordinating, scoring, ranking, or any other aspect of playing, please feel free to share right here.
Some initial thoughts:
- Why can't we have an app that will find players near me at same skill level to play?
- What about an app that can help me poll my friends for a match tomorrow and get at least four of us together for a doubles match?
- I want to run a challenge ladder with a group of 25 guys I know, but I don't have time to track everyone's weekly scores and movement on the ladder. Can we build something to do that?
- I'm the director at my club, which has over 150 tennis players of all levels I want to get a Saturday morning league going with each court being round-robin between four players. The winners on each court (those with the most games won) move towards court #1 while the losers move down a court each week. I need an app to track every player's participation on weekly basis and log their scores and track their resulting position on the ladder.
- I am traveling to another city for a week and want to strike up a match with some of the locals at my skill level. Can we have an app that will advertise my presence in town and schedule a couple of matches for me?
Seriously, the sky's the limit, folks. The above are all within easy striking distance of today's modern computers. You've seen Facebook and Twitter. You've marveled at Uber and Fantasy Football. If the last ten years have taught the world anything, it's that computers, smart phones, and the cloud have arrived to make nearly every aspect of your life simpler and to automate mundane tasks. We all now know it's possible. Where there's a good idea and enough people wanting to do it, we can build it. So what are you waiting for?